|Easiest Truffles Ever||
Just remember to keep the finished candies chilled. And, don’t forget to experiment with the flavors! By using the coating ingredients above, you’ll avoid the most difficult part of making truffles - tempering the chocolate coating and dipping the candies in warm chocolate and they’ll still be so tasty and professional!
Those gourmet chocolate treats you see in
the stores are really quite easy to make at home. The ingredients are
fresher and tastier - which means they have to be stored in the
refrigerator and eaten at room temperature - like a good cheese!
What you need:
16 oz. chopped chocolate or chips - white or semisweet
Here’s what you do:
1. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl on a hot pad and set aside.
2. Heat the cream until it begins to simmer and steam (it just needs to be warm enough to melt your chocolate)
4. Chill mixture in the fridge for approx and hour or until firm enough to shape into balls
5. Scoop heaping teaspoonfuls and roll into a ball in your hands and then in the coating of your choice. Repeat and re-chill the truffle ‘ dough’ if it becomes too soft to work with
6. Store in the fridge - and enjoy at room temp!
Yields 2-3 dozen candies