|Peppermint Patty Brownies||
Looking for other decadent options? Try
adding quartered peanut butter cups instead of peppermint patties or try
adding toasted pecans and a thick caramel sauce.
These minty, fudgy brownies never last long.
Even without the peppermint patties, they’re divine - but the mint makes
them even better! Just a warning, these brownies are not for the faint of
heart- they’re easy to make and entirely decadent. Who wants a low-fat
What you need:
24 peppermint patties, quartered (a 13 oz bag is usually 26 pieces)
These brownies will freeze well without the powdered sugar dusting. Plus, You can experiment with other flavorings such as replacing a portion of the vanilla with peppermint extract for the recipe as above. You can even put another filling in the brownies - peanut butter cups, caramel and nuts, etc.
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 x 13 pan with foil and grease the foil (this helps with removing the brownies from the pan)
2. Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Add eggs and beat well
3. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt blending well
4. Spread half of the batter in the bottom of the pan (retain approx. 2 cups) and cover this layer with the peppermint patties, top this with the remaining batter
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the edges crack (check regularly)
6. Cool completely in the pan and then use the foil to lift the
brownies from the pan, sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut to the size
you desire. (Two-bite sizes are usually large enough.)